Thursday 22 October 2015

Michaela my Cupcake baby hat

I am so happy with my latest project. I haven't listed it for sale yet but already have 2 orders from the 2 people I have shown it to. \o/
My daughter in law Michaela is a great cake baker especially cupcakes. she is also pregnant expecting our 2nd grandchild in April 2016, we don't know the baby gender yet but I just had to make a cupcake hat for baby
(this baby will not be needing any hats I will make sure of that!) I searched on google for a cupcake hat and there were some good examples but they all seemed kinda flat made with just rows of trebles (dc's) I wanted swirls on my hat (well that's what we get with butter cream cupcakes!). I already knew how to create a ribbing effect using front and back post stitches but then came a brainwave!!! a bit of trial and error a bit of unravelling and hey presto I taught myself how to make my front post trebles swirl YAY my hook was hot as I speedily continued to crochet my new hat design and oh my life I love it ;o)
The thing I need to perfect is the "sprinkles" just making a stitch here n there really makes the inside look messy so I am working on that
I'm trying to find a yarn that will change colour within 2 or 3 centimetres and have bold rainbow colours which will make my "sprinkles" easier, tidier and more realistic.
now that I have created the pattern for a newborn baby I plan to create it for all child sizes then write up the pattern to sell as a download on Etsy and Ravelry. So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting Happy Craftiness, please post a comment before you leave xx