Wednesday 14 October 2015

Welcome To My Happy Craftiness Blog

Here's the first post of my new crochet blog.
I decided this year, after a lot of encouragement (pushing) from family & friends to sell my crochet creations. I have been crocheting for many many years as the art of crochet was passed down from my grandmother and mother. Creativity is in my genes, I cannot remember ever seeing my mother or grandmother without some sort of craft going on, they were always making something, knitting was my grandmothers main hobby, she had a knitting machine and she did a lot of embroidery too. My mother was an artist, she did some fabulous work using oil paints she also made some very fine crochet doilies and crosses using a teeny tiny hook they were both florists too. I had a very inspiring childhood!
I find crochet very therapeutic, it helps as a stress buster for me. like my mother and grandmother I can't sit and do nothing, it's just not in my nature! so here I am enjoying my love of crochet! and hopefully producing lovely items for you to give as gifts or enjoy for youself and your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting Happy Craftiness, please post a comment before you leave xx